Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sawadikap!

It has been awhile since Dan and I had the time to tickle our taste buds with new and yummy food as a duo.
One weekend or weekday (I can't remember), we went over to MV Megamall (it's our frequent dating/hangout place at present, as we're leaving no more than 15 mins away).
Well, deciding on a makan place is one of the most tedious task for the both of us. It takes us hours (okok, maybe not hours) but considerately a long period of time for us to decide on a place to fill out rather big tummies :P
However it didn't take us too long this time round, as we've been eyeing on Rak Thai, a Thai restaurant that's located in The Gardens.

We ordered the Tom Yum Goong (or Kung) soup, and it was lovely. Do not be deceived by its super clear appearance. A burst of flavours EXPLODED in my mouth, as soon as I took my first spoonful of Tom Yum soup! Truly a delightful and tasteful surprise! In addition, the prawns were HUGE.



I ordered the Thai Belacan Fried Rice as my main course. In my opinion, it tasted mediocre - and it was a lil too salty for my liking. I'll however give them credit for the huge prawns and squids :)

Dan on the other hand, had the Thai Pineapple Fried Rice - which I felt was a more appertizing dish compared to mine. Overall, the 2 latter dishes weren't unique or special.

Our meal came out to about RM40. Thai food aren't cheap, but when it comes to food (good food preferred) - I don't mind splurging my hard-earned wages on 'em :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger spunkz said...

wow.. a long awaited food post! i missed ur posts la. but meself been slacking in posting recently too. hope to get a couple of food posts up before CNY.. i hope. hehe. love ya, sweetz

5:49 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

heheh we've all been slacking. The working life really sucks the life out of us hahaha
When we going to meet up again?!!
Are you free on the 6th of Feb? Wanna meet up at Bangkok Jazz again???!!

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home