Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Goreng-goreng

There's plenty of road-side stalls that sells the traditional pisang goreng, along with most Malaysian's favourite snacks - such as kuih bom, keropok lekor etc.
I've tried many, but one stall that always leaves me coming back for more its a stall that's located between Taman Desa and Taman Danau Desa.
I love their pisang goreng! RM1.00 for 6 pieces. Believe me, 6 isn't enough. The banana is lightly coated with flour, and fried golden. The bananas are always sweet and never too over riped.

Cokodok! These round-babies are heavenly! Its not too floury like the ones you get from other stalls. You can really taste the bananas. Its crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. The best I've tasted so far. RM1.00 for 8 round babies!

Keropok lekor is sliced thinly, hence its really crunchy. They've the thick ones too, but I've always prefer crispyness to chewyness. Sadly, the chili sauce that comes with it - isn't up to par. The sauce is very diluted/watery. RM1.oo for many pieces, never bothered to count haha

The stall is just walking distance from my condo in Taman Desa, so if anyone ever drops by for a visit - do let me know in advanced, and I'll tapau these goodies for you to savour :)

Would love to have them again, but I've been diagnosed with chronic diarrhea - hence I would have to abstain from all the mouth-watering fried and oily food, at least till my stool sample results are out :(
Hopefully it isn't anything serious

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home