Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bad news

My hands have been tied down with mountain-high of assignments, lab reports and tutorials! Its been a week filled with endless bad news, one after the other.

Next week onwards, i'll be having numerous tests! Food chemistry will be the first paper, followed by Waste Management, Microbiology and Metabolic Biochemistry. All four are heavy subjects with tones to read! Looking at the thickness of the notes, is enough to scare the 'crap' out of me! lolx Im getting an anxiety attack just thinking about it.

Lab reports are due next week too, and i dont understand why Ms. Lu or whatever her name is, have to constantly give us tutorial questions?!! She gives not one, but a BUNCH of questions every week!! Im not being mean but honestly, she's a lousy lecturer. She reads off the slides and faces her back at us. There's no eye contact at all! She teaches the white screen, but not us. My apologies for fretting too much, but i cant help it because we're paying a large sum every semester and we expect the best, not mediocre or just average. Thankfully the subject Food Chem is quite similar to Structural Biochem, but its a lil more in detailed though. Hai.. its another subject that ive to fully rely on my own hardwork, again!

Enough with lecturers, or i can go on FOREVER!

Another not-so-pleasant news is concerning my health. My uni had some health/nurse's day yesterday, and they provided a few health services such as measurements for blood sugar level, cholesterol level and BMI (Body Mass Index) for a very reasonable price; RM10 only! Since ive never gone for a full body check-up, i thought it'll be a good idea to do so.

The results; my blood glucose and pressure level are normal but..hmm..there's always a but.. BUT my CHOLESTEROL level is HIGH! My cholesterol level is between 200 to 239 mg/dL which is borderline high, meaning ive a high risk of developing coronary heart disease. The nurse that took my readings was more surprised than i was. She told me for a 20 year old, ive a pretty high reading. I kind of suspected it. For the pass few months, ive been consuming lots of fastfoods and instant noodles! At least, thrice a week or maybe more. My cholesterol level wasnt the reason why im boycotting fastfoods, but after yesterday it became one. And all the more i should be doing so.

Ive been careful with my food choices since i found out about it. Its a good thing i did not mention to the nurse that im a food sc and nutrition student. I wonder what she'll think or say. As i said before, ive no intention of being a 'celup' nutritionist. Hence, ive to start taking good care of myself before i can do unto others.

Oh well, its not the end of the world. There's bound to be bad news every once in awhile, but 'what do i do next?' is the most important matter. Agree? =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home