Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Birthdays! Birthdays! And more to come!

April has been an endless month of birthday celebrations. It started out with Dan's daddy's b'day. We had a dinner celebration at a restaurant in Bukit Tinggi Klang, which its name I do not remember. If I'm not mistaken, its called Ichiban Seafood Restaurant or someting similar to that. Unfortunately, the food served wasn't to our satisfaction. Not only did the food tasted awful, but the service wasn't up to par either. However the pandan b'day cake that Dan's mum purchased, was really yummy :)

Just last Sunday, we celebrated 3 b'days in church with a delicious carrot cake from Secret Recipe, which cost RM 56++. In my opinion Secret Recipe has the best carrot cake, and accompanied with the most delicious cheesy icing on the top. Mmmm....
The April boys; my dad, EK and Victor.

In the evening, we went over to TGIF in Subang Parade to celebrate Caryn's (Dan's sis) b'day.

We had a light but yummy ice-cream cake for her b'day, and lots of mouth-watering dishes from TGIF; comprising of lamb chop, seafood platter, salads and appetizers. My only regret is that I did not take any pics of the food *sobs
The following day, Monday, was my dad's b'day. He turned 50 :) We celebrated his b'day at Pantai Seafood Restaurant, which is situated in Damansara, PJ.

We had deer meat. The meat was tender and succulent *drools

Kai Lan. Thumbs up!
Kampung chicken. Not my favourite dish, but it was good.

Japanese taufu with Peking sauce.

Butter fried mantis prawn. I love this! Crunchy a
nd juicy!

Long beans and brinjals.

Marmite crabs. The sauce was flavourful, but the crab wasn't too fresh.

The total bill came to about RM200++. Overall, a truly satisfying meal :)

Dan bought the b'day cake from Cake Sense, Taman Megah. Forest of Fruits, RM 39++. The cake wasn't to our expectation. Not worth splurging on. We both randomly selected the cake. We'll do better next time *hee

The happy 50 year old man :P

And after having a wonderful dinner, we had the best dessert ever. Thanks to Dan, of course :) My favourite - durians! *heeDan and I bought the durians from Taman Megah, PJ. RM 10 per kg. The durians tasted excellent! Too bad my tummy couldn't take in more.

It has been an endless makan series for Dan and I. Tmr will be the final round; a belated April birthday celebration for 2 other special friends :) Therefore, there'll be more food updates soon :)

And to all friends and readers, Happy Labour Day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home