Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eat first, think later

My work is becoming a bore. Its too routine, too predictable, and tiring.
Would love to start looking for a new job, but I'm tied-down to this current one as my contract only ends in August.
I'm really looking forward to new things, but then again - my field is so specific that it limits me into venturing into other fields.
I've no intentions of going back to the factory line again, as the working hours are long and unpredictable (even though the pay is lucrative) - I prefer a job that doesn't suck the-life-out-of-me! I don't mind being paid less (that's why resigning from Nestle wasn't such a tough decision, regrets - yeah, a lil but I love life and I don't intend of slaving my entire life at work)
Oh let's talk about food instead. It is so much more intriguing - no? *hee
Well I've been to Restaurant Loong Kee for quite a number of times already, but I've always been too busy stuffing my face with its yummylicious noodles to capture any pics. The restaurant is located along Jalan Pahang, and opposite of Hospital Besar - just in case, you do get a heart attack from consuming its atherosclerosis-causing noodles.

Heart attack noodle! The mee noodle can be substitute with bihun, but mee gives the whole dish a more mouth-full feel. Yum Yum!
I can't remember what you call the fatty-porky in chinese. Their definitely bad for your arteries - but you'd better die from eating them, than not having them at all haha. Dan, please help me!! (Just edit the post, thanks!)

Fried squids!! Fried to perfection! Crispy on the outside, yet chewy and soft on the inside. Goes well with chilli sauce, which is served together.
Romaine or yau mak in chinese. Hopefully I'm not wrong 0_0 Nothing much to comment about, except that its a tad oily.

The ultimate sambal. which goes extremely well with the noodles. It'll increase your risk of an actual heart attack, but a little doesn't kill. Honest!
3 dishes amounted to about RM33. It is very reasonable as portions were big for just the 2 of us.

As a nutritionist, I'd advice you to abstain from such meals but as Cass - go ahead, and dig in!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger FoOie said...

It's called Chu Yau Char

or literally.. Fried Pork Lard. :P MMMmMMmmm

1:47 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Hee but I thought chu yau char is the cripy ones?
This fatty-porky is soft and you can get them in canned form?

11:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called "Khau Yok" . They sell 'em in cans . Not luncheon meat...the other one.

4:58 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Thank you sayang!

9:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home