Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beware!

My dad just got robbed this morning, around 7am.
He went to the Maybank Kawanku, located at Damansara Jaya - just few minutes from Atria Shopping Center to draw out some cash from the ATM machine.
He was alone, and when he was almost done with the withdrawal - he noticed a man with a motorcycle helmet on his head standing behind him.
The man in the helmet, held a knife to my dad's back - and asked my dad to withdraw more, since my dad only redrew RM100.
He also asked my dad for his car keys, in which he threw to the side.

Before my dad could redraw again, another civilian came into the center.
The robber panicked, and he quickly fled with his accomplice who was waiting outside on a motorcycle.
My dad tried to follow him, but he threatened my dad with the knife again.

Thankfully, my dad and the other civilian wasn't harm in anyway.
My advice to all is to NOT visit any ATM centers during EARLY MORNINGS and at NIGHT.
I know it is most convenient during those times, because there are hardly or fewer people around - more parkings available, no long queues etc.
But your life is not worth sacrificing over these few insignificant conveniences.
And please be always aware of your surroundings.

P.S. Dan, no more late night banking for you, promise? I love you too much, and don't make me worry ok?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger FoOie said...

The ATM machines should have built in camera systems. They might have caught the whole thing on video.

Good thing the other dude came in and the robbers panicked.. Glad your dad is safe..

10:33 am  
Blogger Cass said...

The guy was wearing a helmet. My dad said his face weren't visible, hence I doubt the camera could have picked up anything that would really help

9:41 am  
Blogger spunkz said...

hey sayang, glad your dad is safe from the harrowing experience. i think we can all take a leaf out from this incident.

11:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home