Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My God is great!

When circumstances around were just starting to ease off, a great violent storm hit me hard and brought everything that surrounded me to the ground.

It broke my spirit, and my heart stopped beating.

In less than 3 days, i was overwhelmed with endless disappointments. Some was due to my own doing, while others were just not in my control. One of it was concerning my internship application to HUKM. I received a letter stating that my application has been rejected, with the reason that they preferred local uni students.

I was devastated, and i felt a great sense of hopelessness. Studying was even made more difficult, and with my finals only a day away - i felt more discouraged.

But God interwind and He changed everything around. He reminded me of His greatness and Psalm 37, which spoke about trusting and hoping in the Lord.

The song titled 'How great is our God' by Chris Tomlin, kept playing in my head.

I guess i forgot about God's greatness; He is greater than my anxieties, my fears, my doubts, my troubles, and certainly greater than this world.

Later in the afternoon, i saw a good friend of mine online; i asked her if she had gotten a job for co-op, and she did. She then offered the companies contact no. to me, knowing that i was still unemployed.

I was a little hesistant to call, but i did-anyway.

To my surprise, they were looking for another intern.
Right on the spot, they arranged an interview with me this Friday at 10am.
The company is less than 5 mins away from home, i truly hope that i will be accepted as an intern there.

Please pray for me; that everything will run smoothly and that God's favour will be with me.
It is definitely good news for me, even though it is only an interview.
I believe it is God's doing, and i believe that i will get the internship.
I have faith; faith in my God.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Au said...

Hey, don't be discouraged. I'm glad that you hung on to the thought that God is greater than your problems are. General hospitals usually do not take in interns. So, it's quite normal. However, I do hope you'd get the 2nd job. All the best in your interview on Friday. Take care...=)

8:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so gonna charge you for the lunch!! hahahah >.<

9:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Charis knew the song How Great is Our God was playing in your mind, she would have freaked out...hahaha...

Good thing you didnt sing it out loud....if not, she'll tell you too shussh..

Anyways, we shall go breakfast first before we send you to your interview....it's a whole family affair....

Do you want 'pom-poms' to cheer you on or you prefer the wave?? keke...
Dad will sure go all out for it....
muahahaha.....should i suggest it or not? That is the question....

10:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoyo..all the best ya...dun be discouraged..u need to look ur bestest for the interview...TAke care ya!

8:05 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

hey thank u guys for the encouragement and support. It means a whole lot to me, and a simple thank u is definitely not enough ;)
I will definitely update ur guys right away, if i do get the job tmr.
And even if i dont, i'll still be thankful to have frens like u ;) and will try not to be too sad hehe

11:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home