Saturday, December 16, 2006

Though it tarries, wait for it

There have been uncountable times that I've felt that I'm missing out on life; especially when I do come across pictures and blogs of friends who are studying abroad, travelling around for mission trips, or those that are a part of big churches - and participating in all the huge christmas or easter events.
A pinch of jealousy begins to stir within me, though I know very well that I shouldn't be envious of others.
I've been apart of all these kind of events before; performing and caroling in shopping malls during christmas, organizing youth concerts and conferences etc.
However since my dad answered God's call to start a church of our own, there's no longer huge events or projects that i can be apart of.
We just started a home church a year back. Its growing slowly and steadily, which I am truly thankful for.
I do miss belonging to a large congregation, being on stage singing songs that I've written - to the youth church, and dancing during Christmas or on other special occassions.
I miss doing all that very much.
I know God has other agendas on His list for me, ones that He has and hasn't revealed to me.
Ive been waiting patiently, and I constantly ask the Lord 'When would it be my turn again?'.
Honestly speaking, sometimes my patience runs low and I get pretty upset and angry at God - I'm glad that He forgives.
One verse that God reminds me oh-so frequently is Habakkuk 2:2 - 3

Then the Lord answered me and said:
"Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
I realise that God is in the process of preparing me for something real great, but impatience gets in the way and I start doubting in the Lord - thinking that maybe He had no plans for me or there's a possibility that He had forgotten about me.
These verses never fails to encourage me; that God has a specific vision and purpose for me, though I may not see it coming to pass right away, yet I believe the Lord knows the best and exact time to release me completely into His promises.
Hence I urge you to also pray continuously and wait.
If its the precise time, we will see it all come to pass.
Amen :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home