Saturday, November 04, 2006

Every girl's dream

I attended a wedding this afternoon, and am glad that i did.
Weddings have a way of making me feel all fuzzy inside; to be honest, it leaves a rather sweet and pleasant feeling in me, and i would start imagining how my wedding would be like.
Yeah, its true that we girls begin picturing and planning our future weddings in our minds at a very young age.
It may seem silly but its a girl thing, and i know some guys find the whole idea quite stupid.
Well i dont expect the male species to understand, cause we're made so differently, and its alright if you guys dont :)
Before the wedding i had a short chat with my mum, she jokingly said to me that looking at the rate of both my eldest sis and i are at, we might not even get married haha.
And im glad that she said it was fine with her, if i did not.
I guess due to past relationship failures, ive been a lil skeptical about the whole marriage thing.
I know im just entering my twenties, however there's certain kind of expectation from ppl when your at that age.
Addition to that, im constantly bombarded with the same ole question; 'So do you have a bf already?', and im tired of having to repeatedly convince ppl that im single.
Ppl dont seem to believe me when i tell that im still very much single, and they'll have this i-dont-believe-you kinda look on their faces; as if im not entirely speaking the truth.
At times i do feel a lil pressured by ppl's expectations, and i start looking high and low for the right one.
Having to surrender this particular area in my life to God, has been the hardest and an endless battle.
Ive tried to reassure myself many times, that if its God's will for me to be single - i'll accept it. Yet deep down in my heart, i desire what every ordinary girl do; to settle down and have a family.
Im very much aware that whatever God has plan out for me is the best.
Im certain that i wont be walking down the aisle anytime soon; thus for the mean time, i'll just enjoy and take delight in those that are :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marriage..is a word too EARLY for ME! keke!!

5:55 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

haha..take it easy..you're still young..well, i am too! hehe so enjoy ya singlehood hehe

7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes yes enjoy singlehood =)
such a time is money-can't buy!
use it wisely oh =)

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home