Monday, September 10, 2007

A Chinese that is not very Chinese

My grandmother came over from Klang today. According to mum, she'll be living with us for an undefined period of time. There wouldn't be much conversation going on between the both of us, and its mainly because of my inability to speak fluently in hokkien. To be down right honest, I can hardly speak Chinese but I'm very much one *hee
Believe me, it's not something that I'm proud of or I boast about. I've tried learning the language, but it hasn't been successful - and language has never been my forte.
However with her around, I've no choice but to try - even though it doesn't always come out right, but the worst is when I can't even think of the word in hokkien :p
Can you imagine my frustration? hahaha...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home