Friday, June 13, 2008

Unrequited love

Let me be utterly honest.
I never once agreed with the statement 'Even if he/she doesn't love me in return, it is alright - what matters is that I'm still able to love he/she freely.'

In my opinion, the most hurtful and painful feeling that anyone could ever experience is caused by unrequited love.
And it is never ok , alright, or fine.

Those that could be completely fine and contented with it, would be God - and since no one is closed to even being God-like, it is never going to be ok to just love someone without wanting to be love in return.

No, I'm not having any issues with Dan (for those that have a tendency of jumping into conclusions) :P
But unfortunately a good friend of mine is going through some trying times in her love life.

It is however challenging for me to not reminisce about the past - where I'd the unwanted 'opportunity' of tasting its bitterness, the intense pain that felt like it would never go away, and having to bear and come to terms with the feeling of being no longer needed or desired.
It was indeed an excruciating period in my life then.

What so wonderful about going through the most dry and agonizing seasons in our lives, specifically in terms of love, is that it only makes us better - a better lover, a better friend, a better companion, and a better soul mate.

Believe me, I'd thoughts and I actually felt that I would never love again - but deep down in our hearts, we all that it isn't true :)
The beauty of love is that it continuous to persevere, even when hope is absent.

Yes, I am truly thankful and ever so grateful that I've found my perfect fit, Dan.
It was not the most enjoyable journey, but it was worth every tear and heartache.

P.S. Happy Belated 1st Anniversary Dan, and I'm only falling more and more in love with you each day :)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassie, please keep me in your prayer. I am going thru the same thing. I won't reveal who I am in your blog coz I'm too embarrassed. Please pray for me. You are a pastor's daughter. God will surely answer your prayers. Sometimes I contemplate suicide. And it is not right. I am a Christian. Thank you for sharing. Please please pray for me.

10:37 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Dear Anonymous,
I'll definitely keep you in prayer but do pray for yourself too, ok?
Find strength and peace from God, and I know that He will not let you down.
Push all the negative thoughts aside,
as they do not do any good for you.
I know its easier said than done, but I believe that you'll come out of this trying season better and wiser. Take care :)

6:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cass, how did you know Dan was the one? Did God tell you anything? What if the person is just a Christian by name. He went to church because of me. Now he's saying that he thinks Christians are hypocrites. I made a mistake and he said hurtful things about me and my beliefs.Will God be angry with me?COz of my mistake he has turned away from God.Please help!

5:26 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Dear Anonymous,
It's not so much about knowing whether he is the one, and no, God did not specifically tell me that he is the one. It's more of a choice and commitment that I've made to love him whole heartedly.

And even though Dan and I compliment each other very well, we still have our squabbles and disagreements - but because we have decided, and have made that commitment - we can sit down patiently to speak openly to one another to solve issues.

Well it is unfortunate that he no longer have a good impression of us christian. What we can only do is to pray for him, and the most important thing is that you continue to be a good testimony :)

Dear Anonymous, we all made mistakes in our lives. So please do not be too hard on yourself. God is more concern for you. Yes, He might be displeased with you, but He loves you too much that He forgives and forgets :)

The most important thing is that you realize your mistake, repent and start doing the right thing.
I know that it is always easier said than done, but it is possible :)

I don't have all the solutions and answers to your problems, but I will continue to support you in ways that I can.

Continue to seek God in everything that you do, because He knows what's best for His special girl :)

Do continue to write if you have to, glad that I can be of help in a small way :)

Keep your chin up yah, better days are definitely heading your way :)

Keeping you in prayer,
Cass :)

8:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me. God bless you and Dan

11:01 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Your welcome :)
Take care!

4:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you christian bitches all talk about god's will & being a good testimony.It bloody motherfucking hell sucks ok!!Can you not bring god into the picture.Fuck!And anonymous, yeah, you should go kill yourself.If your bf wants to fuck you, just fuck and be happy that someone wants to fuck you.Retard

2:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it wrong to have a serious relationship with a non Christian boyfriend?

2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im a christian dating a non christian girl.

nothing wrong o_O

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but if it's to the point of marriage?

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home