Thursday, May 29, 2008

78 and still going strong

Yesterday, I'd the opportunity of attending Dan's grandma's 78th birthday dinner at V Garden Restaurant in Klang.
I decided to bake a lemon frosted lemon cake for his grandma & family, as they have been very hospitable to me, whenever I do go over to his parent's place in Klang.


I did a trial run on Sunday, and it turn out perfect! The taste, colour and texture was just right, and I was very happy and please with the outcome.

Unfortunately, it didn't turn out too well when I baked it again yesterday :( Many cracks formed on the surface of the cake during the baking process, and it ended up looking like a mountain 0_0

With the icing on, it looks like a snowy mountain =_=

Thankfully the taste wasn't affected. It still tasted yummy, according to Dan's family and Dan :) According to Dan's grandma, the cracks could be due to too much baking powder.

Dan and I went over to Jusco Bukit Tinggi in the evening to purchase a Tiramisu cake for his grandma. Its her favourite cake. We got it from Secret Recipe, because it was the only cake shop that sold tiramisu.
We had the birthday dinner at V Garden Restaurant, which is located beside the Klang Hokkien Association building. Food was good, but most of the dishes were a tad salty.
Grandma blowing the candle.
The grand children with other children and I! :)

Dan is very proud that he is the only grandson in the family. And not to mention, a very handsome one :P

Overall, I really had a good time having small chats with his family. And time spend with Dan is always wonderful :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home