Tuesday, April 25, 2006

From a sincere heart

Its the final week of my holidays. Days passed by quickly, but the hours seem to drag on slowly. Thus, giving me lots of time to ponder and reflect on the years that have gone by.

Ive been wondering an awfully lot, on the decisions and actions that ive made throughout the years. Trying to picture the difference it would have made, if i'd chose the alternate routes. Would my life be better? Would i be happier? Would i have achieved much more? All the 'woulds' flooded by mind.

I know there's no point in wondering anymore, but im sure you, yourself have been in my shoes before. Curiosity attacks, and the mind starts to wonder off more than it should.

Instead of controlling and confining my thoughts, many times i feed it and encourage it to grow. From just one thought, it multiplies into many other thoughts.

Useless as it may be, i expound on it. Even though its not a healthy thing to do. It stirs up old-hurtful feelings and memories, occasionally sweet ones too. Yet most of the time, their just painful memories and feelings that should remain buried.

At times making it hard to look forward, towards the future. Afraid that i'll repeat the same mistakes, that i'll get my heart broken again, that i might never get over it or forgive myself.

Fear, im sick of it. It doesnt drives me forward, it just drives me insane!

Trusting and being confident in God is amazingly difficult. Having to surrender and being not in control is scary.

All my life, ive held on to bits and pieces. Ive never been willing to give them up to God, especially when its concerning my love life.

But i want to trust Him in every aspect of my life. He has taken care of every single detail in my life, from my studies to my daily needs, yet im fearful, to surrender this specific area to Him.

Im weary and tired of holding on to it, using my own strength to make it work for me.

So im giving it to You, my Lord. Im placing it in Your hands and im trusting You fully, because You know whats best for me. Its not going to be an easy journey, but i know i can lean on You and gain strength from Your love.

P.s. Special thanks to my dear friend trix, for always keeping me in check and your constant prayers.

ONLY HOPE
written by Switchfoot, sang by Mandy Moore

There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold
But You sing to be over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands
and pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now Your my only hope

Sing to me the song of the stars
Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing
and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again

I give You my destiny
Im giving You all of me
I want Your symphony
Singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs Im giving it back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home