Thursday, April 13, 2006

One of my greatest desire

I was watching 'Finding Forester' for the third or fourth time. I was taken by what was said by the character Forester, 'Write, dont think. Write whatever thats in your heart'. I blieve many times we contemplate, wait and think way too much before doing what our hearts truly desire. Even as im blogging right now, i refused to stop and think but im writing whatever that comes to mind.

Since young i always had a soft-spot for writing, i would write my own fairytales. I dont remember much about the contents or what exactly that i wrote about, but one thing im sure about is that- it all had a happy ending and i was obsessed with writing.

As i grew up the desire still lingered on, but i never took the iniative to improve or expand it. And it was also because my foundation in English was never that good. Though i read a lot and used it daily, it remained stagnant. My interest in science grew and i excelled in it, compared to having to deal with grammars, nouns, and adjectives that only gave me tremendous amount of headaches.

During secondary school, i was recommended by a senior to be apart of the school's editorial team, my heart jumped with delightfulness and i secretly did a dance. To my surprise, i was selected as the chief editor for my 2 final years in school. I learned a whole lot during my years as an editor, and i began writing again. Not as much as i did when i was little, but it was a start.

One of the reason i decided to start a blog was because it gave me the opportunity to write, a channel to express whats inside of me. Yet there's still a wall, because I dare not write as i wish to; afraid that i might offend people along the way. Something that is unnecessary and should be avoided.

Ive never spoken about this to anyone before, but i'd always wanted to write and publish a book of my own. Pretty much like an autobiography. Well im sure your wondering right now, 'What's so interesting about Cassie's life?'. I blieve everyone has a story to tell, and im anxiously waiting to tell mine. Not because its filled with pain, sorrow, hurts or dramas, but because my life took a meaningful turn when God replaced all of the bitterness with love, joy, peace and kindness. A story worth writing and being told; an interesting journey that made me the person that i am today.

Its a desire that has been in my heart for a very long time. Though what im currently studying has no relation with writing, im still hoping and believing for that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home