Monday, July 24, 2006

A change

Everyone dislike having to fall or fail from time to time, even though it is always easier to stand up on our two feet again-the next time round.

I especially despise having to go through such cycle. There were times that i almost lost all hope, but God has always been faithfully cheering me on, and im thankful that He has never once stop.

The first semester of my second year in uni has been and is one of the most challenging period in my life. It has been a nightmare; juggling responsibilities from home, uni and church.

Managing my priorities have been a constant struggle, and it still is. However, the busyness and demanding present semester has thought me tremendously.

Honestly, i truly dread the current semester in uni but im glad that i am experiencing every moment of it.

God revealed so much more of myself through times like these, and instead of hardening my heart, being egoistic, and acting like miss know-it-all; i am ever so joyous that i lowered down my pride, to be teachable and humble because i realise that i knew nothing-nothing compared to what my Lord needed to teach me.

My final exams are in less than 3 weeks time; it will be from the 8th to 10th of August, leaving me with trifle time to study. Yet im at peace and not anxious, cause i know that i can lean on my Lord who is bigger than all the cares of this world.

Ive been coming across the topic of 'fasting' lately. I want God to truly change my life, and i want it to be evident. I believe if im desperate for a change, i need to get down on my knees and start praying earnestly; at times, fasting is also required. Hence ive decided to go for the Daniel's fast (fruits, vegetables, wheat, bran, rice etc) for 30 days; meaning no meats, eggs and junks for a month. I will not be fasting from food only, but also the tv and my baby i.e. laptop-la (im practically online 24/7).

It aint going to be a breeze or a snap of the fingers, but im willing to persevere to achieve much more; what God originally intended for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home