Monday, October 08, 2007

A fatty post

I feel fat! I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that statement coming out from my mouth :P
We had our final Nutrition & Metabolism lab session for this semester, and today's experiment was all about anthropometry.
What's anthropometry? - some of you may asked.
It involves measurements of the size and proportion of the body; weight, height, skinfold thickness etc.
And we also carried out various additional tests; such as, total body fat and basal metabolic rate analysis.
If you've no idea what the heck I'm blogging about, just go google it *hee So yeah, each one of us had to take our own measurements and calculate our Body Mass Index (BMI) etc.

(Stole this pic from Spunkz's blog *hee)
I've a normal BMI; 20 kg/(m x m), which means my weight is proportion to my height. However, I surprisingly have a rather high percentage of total body fat!! I'm not fat, but I've lost of fats in me - in layman term.
According to WHO (I'll knock your head with my knuckles, if you don't know what WHO stands for *hee), a healthy female individual has no more than 32% of total body fats.
Guess what's mine?!
Mine is within the range of 30 - 34%! Couldn't get an accurate reading because the analyzer stated 30%, while the calculated result was 34%.
Teh fly was as shocked as I was. I've a very normal body frame and weight, hence having a relatively high percentage of body fat isn't exactly normal.
I can be considered a rather big eater - till I've been bestowed the nickname 'Foodzilla' by my Uni mates 0_0
And I openly admit that food is my greatest weakness, I would probably trade my soul for a year-supply of pastries and deserts *hee
Anyway, just because I've a high body fat percentage it doesn't mean I'm giving up on all the high sugar and fat foods that I love.
I guess I've to start exercising regularly and cut down on my daily calorie intake - bummer :(
I'll definitely miss my quite regular intakes of fast foods, donuts, cakes and all that is hazardous to my health *boo hoo
It ain't fair that I ain't fat, but I'm high in fats *sniffs

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home