Saturday, June 03, 2006

The never ending search..

Everybody is searching for something or someone to fill the existing void that is within them. Its been an endless search, and a very unproductive one too. I believe because man has been searching in all the wrong places, and sometimes, for the wrong reasons.

Living for almost 21 years, ive come to learn that men and woman alike, crave, ache, and desire for one universal need; LOVE. Throughout history till even the present times, man has sacrifice so much for love. Many times, foolish decisions and acts have been made, just for the sake of love.

I had lunch with 2 young bachelors last friday, and we ended up talking about love. It wasnt a very deep conversation, but one thing i realised again was that everyone is longing for companionship, friendship, togetherness, or in a simpler context; LOVE.

Ive even came across a rather large number of blogs, in which each blogger is inquiring, looking and desiring for love. It seems like everyone is searching for the 'love-of-their-life', or their soulmate, for somebody to love, and for an individual that would also love them in return.

It isnt wrong to yearn for love or to be love, for i have been guilty of it too; but its because LOVE is a GIFT from GOD. I would say, its the GREATEST gift ever given to man.

Hence, the only right place to go looking for love, would be God; our beloved Father in Heaven, our true and only first love, who truly knows the definition and meaning of love.

Few would be able to comprehend what ive just written, and many would disagree with me but im just here to write what i truly believe in, and what my heart urges me to.

Its the truth, i dare not lie; because ive been searching high and low, all my life for somebody to love and for someone who would love me back. But now i can gladly say, that my search has final ended, because the person that i was looking for was right in front of me all these while. Who else, but my loving and gracious Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home