Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sacrifice

This week has been a routine; by 7.15 to 7.30 am, i'll drag myself out of bed even though there's no reason to be awake so early. Well my reason for doing so is DISCIPLINE! Just because im on holidays, it does not permit me to slack or to become lazy.

On the contrary, is also due to my up-bringing; my mum would NEVER allow me to sleep beyond 9 am! If im not up by then, she'll start screaming and yelling, or my dad might just surprise me by pouring a bottle of COLD WATER from the fridge, ON to MY FACE! * shivers.. and not to mention, he has done so on various occasions.


Waking up so early, provides me with ample time to do whatever that i desire, but since my parents aren't around; they're on mission trip in the Philippines, ive been home all week; cooking mostly, since ive 3 sisters to feed hehe.


Ive received many invitations from friends to tour the KL city, to makan, to go shopping etc. I was ever so tempted to just leave my responsibilities at home, and go wild! hehe.. However, i feel obligated to be home with my other sisters because my parents have entrusted me to take good care of them, and to ensure there's good-homecook food on the table for each meal.


Even though my elder sister is around to order take aways, since cooking isnt her cup of tea *tee hee ...and she even gave me the green light to have fun with my friends, it just wouldnt be right.


Ive learnt that lil sacrifices have to be made constantly, every day. Maybe a majority would disagree with me; that it is unfair and it shouldnt be as such, but its worth sacrificing a lil for the people i love each and every day.


In my opinion, the act of sacrifice is one of the most honourable act a man can do for another. It was so clearly shown when Jesus was hung on the cross, on our behalf; an act of sacrifice that no man can ever do, and for that i am truly grateful.


Hence learning to sacrifice a lil each day for the people that we love, shows that it is POSSIBLE to be CHRIST-LIKE =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home