Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Alone time

I still vividly remember the times I used to shop alone during my early years in college and university.
It felt awkward at the beginning, but I couldn't complain - I had few friends then, due to the fact that I'd just shifted up to PJ and my high school friends were all back in Port Klang.
I recall dreading my first few shopping trips alone - no one to ask if the yellow blouse looked good on me, or to have ice-cream with, or to bitch about the irritating sales lady that follows closely behind - as if I were a shoplifter, but what I truly dislike about the whole experience was that I was alone.
However, I grew to love loneliness and I found it comforting.
I did eventually make more friends, and it was really nice having people around - to share my opinions with, to laugh and to also feast with :)
Loneliness wasn't my 'thing' anymore, I felt hollow without them - I hated being alone again. I started relying too much on friends, forgetting that being alone can be good sometimes.
I'm slowly adapting to the 'alone phase' again - everyone seems to be getting busier; with studies, other friends, family, etc.
It'll take time to adjust and to be fine with it again. I know I can still count on them if I were in dire need, but everyone deserve to have some space.
I'm starting to enjoy my time alone in the Uni's library; I usually sit quietly at a corner revising through my notes, I would occasionally turn my gaze away from the notes to observe students that were walking in and out, and when I got hungry - I would quietly snack on biscuits or buns that I've secretly snuck in with me.
The first few times felt a lil weird, but I'm getting the hang of it since my home isn't the best place to be studying or just to be at, especially for this particular period of time.
I guess my second home would be Uni for now, unless anyone is willing to offer theirs? haha
Even though the occasional alone time is mandatory and enjoyable, I still prefer a companion. A friend told me, 'We weren't made to live this life alone' - and it's one of the reasons God created us :)

P.S. If anyone ever needs some company, give me a call. I would gladly do so, if I'm free :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home