Saturday, December 01, 2007

A disgrace

Just finished watching Miss World on Astro, and I'm simply disgusted!
Its tremendously hard to believe that Miss China won the crown! Uh! *spits
I might sound as if I'm exaggerating, but if you'd watched it - you'll understand me perfectly.
In MY opinion, the standard of Miss World has deteriorate throughout the years.
Miss Malaysia should have been in the top 5. In fact, she deserves the freaking crown!
No, I'm not being bias because I'm also a Malaysian - she spoke so intelligently and fluently compared to the rest of the top 16. Even Miss USA deserve a spot in the top 5, but not Miss China or Miss Sweden! The judges are either dumb, deaf or blind!
Yes, I'm frustrated with the results. Miss China did not even answer to the question. She blabbered all the way with her horrendous broken English, and tried her utmost best to butter up the judges. Could barely understand a word she was saying!
A piece of advice to the current Miss World; please brush up on your English!
I'm not implying that if you can't speak English, you're a loser - but being able to converse fluently in English is undeniably important if you're going to be a global ambassador. You can't be speaking half-past-six English, while trying to convey your message throughout the world.
Yes, I know and agree that we should be proud of our native language bla bla bla...and embrace it bla bla bla...yet English is the language that is still being use worldwide!
I'm too aware that the Mandarin language has become vividly important (I can testify to that, since I'm a Chinese who can't speak Chinese - and I've my share of struggles and prejudices from people because of my incapability), yet the English language still rulez!
The Miss World organization should emphasize the importance of being able to speak in English fluently, even better if they make it as one of the main requirements.
Addition to that, they should stop portraying the image that being slim and an air head is beautiful.
The average population is not even a tad close to size 2 or 0 (In fact, the average size of a person is 6 or 8), do not have a perfect set of white pearlies or have luscious long hair and body, and acting dumb is seriously not attractive.
I guess the world has completely forgotten that normal looking people are beautiful too - more beautiful, in MY opinion.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

since the event was held in china, i have no doubt that politics was involved in getting her the crown. china has never been in top 10 through the years; not until the event was held in china.

oh well.. money can make a difference.

6:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True! Sad to say this but Chinese has always been known for under table money. SUCKS to say this especially when I'm Chinese. But they always felt that it's the fastest solution. They very scared MAFAN things.

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home