Friday, March 24, 2006

A better day

The fever is gone bt the pain still lingers. The pain that im referring to are the sore throat and headache that ive with me almost every other day. Everyone has been showing lots of concern and all have given the same remark, that i fall ill quite often. In my opinion, too often.

Stress is definitely one of the factors, but food is also another main factor. Though im studying nutrition, i dont exactly practice what ive learnt in class. Knowledge i have, tell me your symptoms and i can conclude what deficiency you might be having along with the remedies. But having to live it; eating a balance diet and exercising, its just too difficult. And me being quite a lazy person doesnt help much.

Its always easier to talk the talk, but to walk the talk? It requires lots of hard work, effort and commitment. I made the above as part of my resolution for this year, but at the rate im going? Success is most unlikely unless a miracle happens!

Well, i do believe in miracles. Therefore, its alright to hope for one. Specifically in this area.

There's this saying ' If you cant love yourself, you can never love others'. Its very true. I'll put it into another context, 'If you cant take good care of yourself, its impossible to care for another'.

I realise that if i want to start caring for others, and if i want others to listen to my advises, ive to be a living example. Which means ive got to start taking good care of myself by eating right, sleeping well etc.

I cant advice a friend to start eating healthily when i myself am a junkie. You get what i mean, right?

Well, the bible even made it very clear when God gave His second command ' Love your neighbour as you love yourself'.

Hence you got to start loving yourself, before you can genuinely love another.

p.s thank you guys for being so overly concerned. Im recovering well and doing fine =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home