Thursday, March 30, 2006

I stood in front of the mirror,
Observing every part of my reflection.
I saw that I was imperfect in every single way,
And it made me cry.

I wish I was a few inches taller,
And that I'd fuller lips.
I wish my ears were smaller,
And that I'd rounder eyes.

I told myself I would love myself much more,
If I weighed a little less.
And I assured myself that people would love me more,
If I was anything but myself.

I tried profusely to cover my imperfections.
But the more I did, the more obvious it became.

I noticed a pebble on the floor,
And without hesitation,
I grabbed it with my hands.
I clutched it in my fist,
And was tempted to throw it towards the mirror,
Because I hated what I saw.

As I was about to do so,
Something held me back.

I lifted my head,
And I looked closely into the mirror again.
Standing behind my reflection,
I saw a familiar face,
A friend that I'd long forgotten.

He knew I was glad to see Him,
And He smiled at me.
He showed me the greatness that was in me,
And the hidden beauty that I was too afraid to show.

He held my chin up high,
And He wiped away the tears that was rolling down my cheeks.
Even with my imperfections,
I looked flawless.

'Jesus', I called out loud.
And with a smile He said;
'Don't worry, I'm not leaving you.
I never had and never will'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home